There are seven steps in the home buying process. It’s my job to help you through each step to ensure a smooth and successful transaction.
1 – Consulting with a Real Estate Agent
Understanding Your Expectations
- What questions do you have about working with an agent to find your new home?
- What are your expectations of me?
Why Use a Real Estate Agent?
- Assists you in understanding different financing options.
- Helps you determine how much you can afford.
- Provides detailed information on properties from the MLS and other sources.
- Provides you with information about the market so you can develop an offer including the offering price and other terms.
- Advises you about the importance of a home inspection and other inspections required by law.
What is a REALTOR?
- We adhere to a strict code of ethics and are committed to treating all parties to a transaction honestly.
- REALTOR business practices are monitored at local board levels.
Why Have Buyer Representation?
Buyer representation exists to protect you!
- I will run comps so we can determine the fair market value of the home you are interested in.
- I will help you determine the appropriate offer price.
2 – Getting Pre-approved
A mortgage pre-approval will determine how much money you can borrow for the purchase of your new home. The process involves:
- Calculating your income vs. debt ratios.
- Running a credit review.
A pre-approval letter will strengthen your position when making an offer on a home.
3 – Finding the Home
How you live will determine where you live.
- What is the driving force behind your move? (Job, family, space, schools, lifestyle, etc.)
- What type of activities do you enjoy?
Assessing Your Needs – “Your Dream Home”
Putting together your wish list:
- Who will be living in the house?
- How much space do you think you will need?
- What are three “must have” features for your new home?
- Other considerations include Age of home, lot size, kitchen, baths, layout, style, condition.
Revolutionizing Your Home Search
My mobile app will:
- Alert you when there’s a new listing you might like.
- Search and sync actions from anywhere, across devices.
- Find homes based on your current location.
- Customize and save search preferences and homes.
4 – Making an Offer
Making an offer to purchase real estate involves more than picking a price. I will review comparable properties in the neighborhood that have sold recently to validate a suggested offer price.
Negotiable Terms in the Contract
Other negotiable items in the contract include:
- Inspections, repairs, and home improvements.
- Closing costs, points, or home warranty.
- Closing data and possession.
5 – Negotiating the Offer
Once the offer is submitted, I will work with you in the negotiations.
Inspecting the Property
- Home inspections will serve as an education in the structure and systems of the property you are purchasing.
- The inspector will give you information regarding condition, maintenance, lifespan and more.
- I will help guide you through the process so you can negotiate repairs for the property based on the review of the inspections.
6 – Processing the Loan
Now that you have the seller’s final approval, we need the lender’s final approval.
Final Approval Means all Conditions on the Loan Have Been Removed
- There are no liens on the house.
- The house appraised at a value equal to or greater than the agreed upon sales amount.
7 – Closing and Funding
Just before settlement, we will make one last inspection of the property to ensure that the home is in the condition we expect.
Making Arrangements for Closing
- Homeowners insurance
- Home warranty
- Certified funds for down payment and closing costs
- Utilities and movers
Additional Benefits of Working with Me
Buy faster and for a better price with Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Hom Protection Plan
1-year service agreement that covers repair or replacement of home system components and many major appliances.
- Gain confidence and comfort knowing that your hard-earned investment is covered by an industry leader.
- Don’t stress about potential undetectable pre-existing conditions – They’re covered!
- Confidence in our nationwide network of professional home repair experts.
Special Discount Rates
I have known Jared for many years, Jared falls into that small elite group of real estate professionals. He truly works tirelessly for his clients, brings a high level of ethics, and an attention to detail to the equation. Besides all of that, Jared’s grasp of technology puts him in a very small group with very few peers.
Jared is a real listener, which is a rare trait in his profession. He works very hard to search out a buyer or sellers needs and is very effective in bring results home for all party’s involved. His attention to detail is fantastic.I wouldn’t think twice about working with Jared in the future. You won’t be disappointed.
Jared has a great knowledge of both investment and personal real estate here in Utah. He’s very professional with a keen business sense. I highly recommend him.
Jared Wangsgard is a great Realtor. He is dedicated to his clients and is as honest as the day is long. I was impressed with his knowledge and know how. Jared will get the job done and you will be satisfied. I would recommend Jared to anyone.
Jared is an excellent agent as well as a great person, someone you can trust and depend upon. I’d recommend him anytime to anyone.
I have known Jared for several years and know him to be an excellent partner. He has an eye for real estate and is an honest guy. Both of these characteristics, along with his friendly personality, makes for a true catch in the real estate market. I definitely recommend him to anyone who is looking.
We had been working with another realtor to sell a home and asked Jared for help on getting our house appraised. Jared connected us with an expert appraiser who we used to set a price for our house. We sold in 3 days at the appraised/asking price in a tough market (Sept 2009), so we owe Jared big thanks for connecting us with the right resource to make a sale at a fair price.